Handshakes , Hi-fis & Hugs !!! [Part - I]

HANDSHAKES

     Admission to KGCE and four years of life to be spent at Karjat . Mentally, I was kind of prepared for the slow, boring , monotonous college life I would have to face . Friends would only be the only thing that could make  my journey worthwhile ,it felt
      In these four years , time flew , new faces came in my life , some old faces faded off , while some still hanged on to me through each phase . Relations were made, bonds were formed , various strings got attached , and vice versa too.
     This happens with everyone of us , in any journey , still I feel each handshake we make makes a difference to our journey . Many handshakes in the past 4 years of my life, but some brought more much than friendship with them to me.


 
Time - August 2008
Place -F.E 'E'


The first day of my engg. college life , having met a few known faces , I walked in the classroom and took a secluded seat . Lectures were yet to start , and I was in my usual self , observing each and everyone in the class, girls more particularly . Dressed in a red and white top , came a tall ,lanky girl ,and sats besides me in adjoining row . Those F.E days used to skip fast in observing and making new friends . Orkut was at its prime form for social networking those days . One day , I happened to find a new name in my profile's recent visitors list . Mayuri had just visited my profile. I checked for any new friend requests ,but sadly there were none. This led to me sending a friend request to her . Request acceptance , initial chat and our first talk was totally virtual . Could be tagged as first-ever friend from KGCE , she has always been more special since then.
Always to be seen with Mayuri since those early days was a sweet,chubby girl ,always smiling , appeared cheerful . With time , Shraddha and I became friends .




Time - September 2008
Place -KGCE 
 
Some known faces from school & HSC days in F.E 'E' had ensured my new term would not begin on entire loneliness terms. Two former buddies , Anurag & Kaustubh , and some new friends , my journey of engg. had started with some known faces to rely on. A month into Engg. life , and Kaustubh made me meet a guy, who appeared tall, silent, patient , quiet , kind of used to stay aloof , felt kind of introvert at first sight, used to sit alone at the last bench ,note down all the data chalked onto the blackboard , totally uncharacteristic for a person i would like to befriend. A formal introduction and handshake , and Rajas & I were friends!!!
    



Time - Sometime in March, April -2009
Place -Thube's Drawing Classes

Regular classes , normal routine , catching up with known faces at scheduled lectures , it was yet another day at Engg. drawing classes. Walking upto back benches n taking a seat , an acquainted face from college walked up and sat besides me. Results of 1st sem had been announced the day before , and was the topic of our initial chat during that lecture. A chat , laughs over our personal experience around the results thing , and that was the start of my friendship with Prasad !!!




Time - Sometime in 3rd Sem
Place - Classroom

A known face since school , Chinmay and I interacted with each other when we came under one roof in S.E. However college updates, notes, practicals , assignments were the only things that made us interact with each other. In this process, I came across another guy , who was always to be seen along with Chinmay. Chirag appeared silent and studious at first . Time flew, our talks became more frequent . Once, while discussing about studies with Chinmay, my attention was caught by a girl,who was seated on first bench of next row, solving M-2 book during free lecture!! Suprised ,yet acceptable , I paused Chinmay for a moment and asked about her. Bright, intelligent and serious about her studies , Ashwini's first trailer was on air. Handshakes with 'Chi' brothers marked the start of S.E journey .



Time - F.E & S.E
Place- Workshop of college

Filling in the final details of my workshop file , I was suddenly asked for the pen by the tall, lanky, beautiful girl besides me. An already known face due to her being the hot topic amongst boys since F.E days, I lent my pen to her. Signing in the register, she returned me the pen. A short interaction lasted and ended then & there on that desk. No handshake , no introduction , but a lot more happened , after I & Dipty became friends eventually in S.E.



Time - S.E
Place - Outside Physics lab!!!

Waiting in the queue for PCT presentation behind Dipty , I was spending time chatting with her and her friend. Dressed in plain white punjabi dress, frameless specs resting on her nose, a constant smile playing on her face , looking beautiful , those stupid chats about astronomical charts, which i misunderstood for timetable and more , led to the start of my friendship with Bhagyashree .



Time - Random

Irregular F.E breaks only for our class , always led me & my classmates to observe other class students . A most striking observation was about a regularly irregular girl from the adjoining classroom or so , a tall, heavy-built, fair, beautiful, wearing red top and blue 3/4th jeans during those days . S.E started and i got to know the same girl , named Kalpreet was my classmate too . Little sort of interactions through common friends , and Kalpreet & I became friends by the end of S.E.

Time- S.E
Place -KGCE

A commonly poking face in all conversations , he appeared too much of a enthusiast at first . Trying to get involved in all groups appeared his preference at the start of S.E days. More interactions followed when we both grouped for robotics and friendship happened in the span of time with Aniruddha . Handshakes are uncommon for a guy like him , Hi-fis marked his attitude in life!!!




Comments

  1. sexy... simple and yet awesum... loved the way u framed it .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. short and simple but really nice..
    Really gud1 prthamesh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Short and sweet...:)
    described in a very beautiful way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ajay Singh Tanwar15 June 2012 at 01:36

    nicely described!!

    arz kiya hai ...

    "Ki bahot log mile apne college main mujhe-(2)
    Khuda ne milwaya final year main tujhe...
    Shukr maanta hun us khuda ka-(2), ki milawaya final year ke hi darmiyan...
    kyunki!! bloody maar maar ke mera ke bhurta bana diya!!!"

    note: all above students mentioned by the blogger irrespective of gender will agree to the violence and havoc created by the blogger around him. BUT after knowing him you'll find it worth!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahaahahahahahha ... Lolzzz at the shayari .. a well-composed one :D:D describing my other art and love for my friends :P ... N thnx .. I havent mentioned u here.. but i wud surely jot down some words for u bro ... U have been one awesome person i befriended in the final year of engg. :)

      Delete
  5. Nice work buddy !
    The manner in which its penned keeping the focus throughout on the theme 'introduction' is impressive. Moreover, its indited in a confined manner without going verbose which makes it pleasant to read.
    Keep it up bro :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. itz really vry vry awesumm prathmesh.. :) :)
    too good.. mstach re ... :) :)
    i really dunno wat to sy.. pn ayushyat kai ashi loka bhetat jyana apn kadich visru shkat nai.. n dey unknowingly bcme a "very precious part f " a part of our lyf.. :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is simply superb :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. simply awsum...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Superb dear.... khup chan lihilas.... Simple sweet yet so nice.... i m glad dat we bcme frnds den!! :) :D Awesum.... :) u r a wonderful frnd.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well narrated Prathamesh...

    ReplyDelete
  11. well written and well framed everything!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts